- Mobile: 0717837430
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: +254
- Listed: October 28, 2016 6:54 pm
- Expires: 70 days, 21 hours
The desired candidate will report to the finance manager
Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensuring all accounting data is properly recorded and safeguarded
· Making entries in the system
· Receiving cash and cheque income and keeping proper records for the same
· Processing all payments including preparing vouchers and requisitions and ensuring all invoices are correct and authorized before payment is initiated
· Cash handling i.e. petty cash payments and daily banking of cheques
· Preparation of bank and MPesa reconciliation
· Produce an analysis of input tax computations on a monthly basis.
· Develop and maintain periodic reports as requested by the finance manager.
· Ensure invoicing of clients is done on a timely manner and accurately
· Follow up in debt collection and reconcile clients’ accounts that have discrepancy.
· Stock monitoring and reconciliation.
Experience and Requirements
1. · CPA qualified or equivalent
2. At least 2 years’ accounting experience in a busy accounting set up ·
3. Knowledge of accounting software preferably QuickBooks. ·
4. Good interpersonal skills and communication skills ·
5. Able to work with limited supervision at various points ·
6. Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment. ·
7. High degree of confidentiality, honesty, integrity
The positions should be filled immediately. Email cv and a cover letter only
NB: Kindly indicate whether you would want to work in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Meru, Nakuru or Eldoret branches.