- Mobile: +254715077817
- Street: P.O. BOX 104289-00101
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 00101
- Listed: February 8, 2018 7:19 am
- Expires: 145 days, 23 hours
Event: Food Security Analysis Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi,
Event Date: 19th – 23rd March 2018.
Before intervening in a country, the first priority for development actors is to understand the food security situation of the population. Food security analysts do a wide range of assessments in order to identify hungry and food insecure populations and to establish the underlying causes. They include Comprehensive Food Security and Vulnerability Analyses-CFSVAs, Emergency assessments and market analyses-EFSA.
To collect, manage and analyze data, they use advanced technologies such as satellite imagery, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mobile data collection platforms such as smart phones, tablets and Personal Digital Assistants.
Some actors for instance WFP, are working with partners to establish Food Security Monitoring Systems (FSMS) for continuous monitoring of food security conditions and market prices. This five days training will expose the participants to several concepts in carrying out food security analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors National governments, UN partners and NGOs whose work informs the policies and programmes that WFP and its partners adopt in order to fight hunger in different circumstances. Employees in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Food Security and livelihoods support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Understand the concept of Food security Analysis, have a mastery of its basic concepts.
• Gain knowledge on application of various approaches to Food Security interventions
• Understand the various methods in Food Security analysis and tools and be able apply
• Conduct a community food security assessment; determine a community’s information needs and creating a community food security assessment team
• Have knowledge on policy issues in food security and how to analyze
• Use of GIS and remote sensing in food security analysis
• Monitoring and Evaluation in Food Security Programming
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• An Introduction to the basic concepts of food security
• The causes of food insecurity and description on how to prepare and plan targeted food security interventions for the poorest sectors of a community.
• Food system resilience and indicators
• Preparation and planning of targeted interventions
• Types of food security assessment:
• Food Security Monitoring System (FSMS)Processes involved in analyzing food security situationsFood Security contributing and non-food security contributing factors
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
• Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
• Horticultural Production and Marketing Course
• Promoting Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development Course
• Irrigation and Operational Maintenance Course
The most popular courses
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata Course
• Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing Course
• ICT for Disaster Response Course
• Trauma Support and Counselling Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Report Writing Skills Course
View Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Livelihoods Development Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: email@example.com Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 12th March 2018. Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org