- Mobile: +254715077817
- Street: P.O. BOX 104289-00101
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 00101
- Listed: February 8, 2018 7:28 am
- Expires: 29 days, 18 hours
Event: Livelihoods Assessment and Analysis Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi,
Event date: 19th – 23rd March 2018
Livelihood means the means of making a living. In a food security context it refers to people, their capabilities, their assets (both material and social), their income and activities required for a means of living that include ways to obtain food.
Livelihood assessments serve to identify the most appropriate livelihood interventions. The interventions aim to provide livelihood protection, rehabilitation or promotion, depending on the context. This training programme introduces the concept of livelihoods and provides guidance on assessing and analyzing livelihoods in different food security contexts and on selecting and interpreting livelihoods indicators.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
• Understand basic concepts in livelihood analysis.
• Understand the role of the market in livelihoods.
• Identify the livelihoods components in real examples.
• Recognize how assessing livelihoods improves the analysis of food security.
• Understand how different livelihood assessments help to plan interventions in different food security contexts.
• Understand the criteria for selecting and collecting livelihoods indicators.
• Understand the skills and knowledge required to select, collect and interpret livelihood indicators.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to Livelihoods
• Assessing Livelihoods
• Livelihoods Assessment Approaches
• Livelihood Indicators
• Livelihood Analysis
• Cross-Cutting Issues in Livelihood Assessment
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
• Tailor Make a Course
• Register as an Individual
• Register as a Group
• Become One of Our Partners.
• Purchase software’s
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View related courses
• Food Security Analysis Course
• Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
• Horticultural Production and Marketing Course
• Promoting Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development Course
The most popular courses
• Diseases Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics using Stata Course
• Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing Course
• ICT for Disaster Response Course
• Trauma Support and Counselling Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing in Land Cover, Land Change Analysis Course
• Report Writing Skills Course
View Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Livelihoods Development Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 12th March 2018. Send proof of payment to email@example.com