- Mobile: 0723874927
- Street: Nairobi
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 12475
- Listed: October 3, 2017 6:36 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Few luxury sedans survive long enough to become classics, and fewer still are actually affordable by the average enthusiast. The W126-chassis Mercedes-Benz, produced during an impressive 12-year run from 1979 to 1991, is a strong contrast in both respects.
in 1979, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class was relaunched, and once again took a big technological leap from what came before. Aerodynamic styling penned by Bruno Sacco signalled a new look that would filter its way down the entire range, and showed that Mercedes-Benz was not about to lose its lead in its sector of the marketplace.
Reasons to Buy
• These cars are reliable, comfortable and safe, making them excellent daily transportation.
• Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems are excellent, making them quite useable all year round.
• Drive trains are very robust, whether they are gas or diesel.
• Interiors are hard wearing and many of the appointments
• Values are about half of what you would pay for a used and recent S-class, with more car for the money.
• Six-cylinder gasoline models are sweet and high revving, almost sports sedans in disguise.
• The W126 is a lovely, eye-catching design with good interior proportions, big trunks, comfortable seats, and excellent visibility.
The best W126 cars are still under $15,000, and as they become more collectable, prices will increase. These cars pay off in the long term, as many owners can attest. Even with the cost of service, these cars deliver more than you put into them, and with reasonable care, are likely to continue to do so for decades.