- Street: Nairobi
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 00606
- Listed: February 23, 2017 8:29 am
- Expires: 99 days, 8 hours
Job Title: Restaurant General Manager
Job status: Full-time
Closing date: 01/05/2017
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within Nairobi’s leading restaurant for a General Manager who will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Company, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
The successful applicant will oversee/manage the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The General Manager reports to the Directors.
Restaurant General Manager Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree in Hotel Management
• Minimum 2 years experience as General Manager of an 80+ seater upmarket restaurant.
• Proficiency in Cost Accounting and Developing Budgets,
• Financial Planning and Strategy,
• Adept at Decision Making, Process Improvement and Strategic Planning,
• Excellent Verbal Communication skills,
• Good Customer Focus skills,
• Management Proficiency,
• Managing Profitability,
• Quality Focus
Restaurant General Manager Job Duties:
• Establishes & develop the restaurant business strategy by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
• Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; preparing strategic weekly/monthly and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal frequency and spend.
• Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
• Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
• Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
• Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
• Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
How to Apply
Please send a one-page (1) cover letter and your CV with current references only quoting the job title on the email subject (Restaurant General Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 01/05/2017