Training on fundraising and grant management is an important course in the daily life as it helps people to management loans and grant provided by finance institution. The course provides the Federal, pass-through, and recipient workforces with the knowledge and skills they need to improve the program and public accountability, efficiency, and outcomes for beneficiaries. In addition individuals will obtain knowledge on how to raise funds meant for funding various activities such as education, hospital bill among other. Grants management and fundraising relates to the administrative tasks which mostly deals with handling of the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Program managers, Finance and non-finance managers, administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations, administrators, sub-recipients, or persons involved in grants related activities and responsibilities within an organization or civil society organizations. Anyone involved with the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to;
Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
Understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements
Managing multiple-funded programs
Understand proposal writing, project planning, and problem analysis
Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report
Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant
Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence
Appreciate the contribution of the different functions within the organization (program and project staff) and cultivate good work relationship between the teams, finance and program staff working closely for Successful grant management
Develop Grants management planning implementation and reporting tools
Develop Proposal writing skills, Project Planning and Project problem analysis
Overview of Grants Management Cycle
Basic concepts in grant management
Key challenges in grant management
The grant management lifecycle
Grant management plan
Module 2: Proposal Writing
Project proposal writing
Project problem analysis
Grant Award Contract
Fundraising Tips, Implementation, Compliance
Responsibilities and routines in grant management
The flow of donor funds
Assessing the terms and conditions in grant agreements
Grant agreements, and accounting and procurement systems
Complying with donor reporting requirements
Managing key relationships for successful grant management
Types of costs
Eligible and ineligible costs
Cost Share/ Matching costs
Grant Tracking Tools
Costs eligibility and administration
Financial Documentation and Reporting
Documentation, Internal Controls; Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & consortia management, Donor Compliance,
Personnel &Staff Issues (Ethics): Contracts, Time Sheets, Travel & Per diem: Itinerary, assigning, Assets & Inventory Management, Co-Financing
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: [email protected]