- Mobile: 0709101000
- Street: 20695
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 00200
- Listed: January 24, 2018 7:07 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Job Category: General
Job Type: Internship
Closing Date: February 10th, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
To maintain its market lead in innovation, Cytonn Investments will train young and energetic graduates on innovation and design thinking through its Cytonn Young Leaders Program. The innovation internship will take individuals through a 12-week intensive training that will enable them to realize and develop their creativity and make them confident to apply it and to develop others within the company. They will conduct in-depth research and develop and refine tools and strategies to bring innovations to scale and to build and nurture a culture of innovation throughout the company. The Interns will work on several projects such as developing business models, identify policy solutions, creating marketing material, or draft presentations to potential partners. Externally they will interact with the public in developing and testing their products and ideas while internally they will work with all business units to inject innovation and design ideas into their work.
1. Develop advanced skills in innovation practice by reading, research and practice
2. Identify and develop innovative practices in the fields of real estate, investments and technology and support all internal business units to proactively identify innovation opportunities
3. Perfom research and work with the innovation leads to develop and sell the innovation strategy that is appropriate for Cytonn
4. Conduct research on innovative thinking and practice, compiling background materials, statistical data and briefing notes for innovation and media events
5. Organize activities for the innovation team, such as training sessions and workshops
6. Project management of innovation type projects
7. Build of relationships with stakeholders and broker relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
8. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
1. Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
3. Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
4. Curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
5. Ability to develop and analyze unconventional ideas
6. Ability to read widely and rapidly, summarize and apply ideas to real world situations in the context of Cytonn products
7. Outgoing personality and courage to approach unfamiliar people and situations
8. Deep interest in Innovation and associated topics
9. Strong ties to the local startup ecosystem and prior experience is an advantage
This position is ideal for candidates who are looking to gain experience in innovation, policy research, business research, business development, writing, and research on new technology. They will learn research and reading skills and go through several case studies and practical exercises that will prepare them for the job market.
To be considered, applications must include sufficient justification of interest in innovation including any past projects or activities that speak to this.