LECTURERS – CYTONN TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: January 29th, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, hospitality, education and technology; Cytonn Education Services is our affiliate for making investments into the education sector.
CES, has the mandate to provide the education services component of our comprehensive master-planned developments such as day care centers for The Alma in Ruaka, Taraji Heights in Ruaka, and The Ridge in Ridgeways. CES also has the mandate to set up comprehensive education institutions for RiverRun Estates in Ruiru and Newtown in Athi River. As part of this mandate, CES is setting up a Technical College, under the brand name, Cytonn Technical College. The institution shall provide comprehensive, quality technical training up to diploma level, complimented with extracurricular activities. We are therefore looking to acquire and retain the best talent, to enable us achieve this vision. We are looking to hire Lecturers for the following disciplines:
• Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Travel Studies,
• Department of Business and Accounting Studies,
• Department of Computer Sciences,
• Department of Journalism and Mass Media, and,
• Department of Hair and Beauty Design.
Reporting to the Head of Departments, the Lectures will be in charge of teaching, research, and administrative responsibilities in the classes assigned to them.
1. Carrying out research and preparing up-to-date learning materials ,
2. Preparing course outlines for all the units allocated,
3. Teaching the units allocated by the Head of Department,
4. Ensuring the subject course outline is sufficiently covered,
5. Evaluating the outcomes of individual learning through formal assessments,
6. Participating in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments,
7. Preparing and presenting all the professional documents as required by the academic policy,
8. Participating in extra-curricular activities organized by the college,
9. Attending and participate in departmental and other college meetings,
10. Handling the class attendance register,
11. Liaising with the head of department on all students’ matters,
12. Ensuring students’ discipline as stipulated by the college’s code of conduct, and,
13. Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time.
1. Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in either of the disciplines outlined above or other relevant courses,
2. Possession of a Master’s degree in relevant disciplines will be an added advantage,
3. Must have 3+ years of teaching knowledge and experience, in a distinguished college, preferably as a senior lecturer or head of department,
4. Demonstrate a good understanding of the Ministry of Education’s and TVETA’s college guiding policy,
5. Should have outstanding presentation, teaching, interviewing, problem analysis and listening skills,
6. Should demonstrate the ability to grow, support and develop young talents,
7. Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word,
8. Ability to probe for, analyze and synthesize information, as well as express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing,
9. Ability to make quick yet sound decisions,
10. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent, and,
11. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, self-driven attitude towards work, and commitment to the mission of the institutions.
The Lectures will be in charge of teaching, research, and administrative responsibilities in the classes assigned to them