Job Category: Legal
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: December 18th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
The company is looking to employ an energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Legal Assistant.
1. Advising on all matters regarding the law; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting various areas of the company’s operations;
2. Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions;
3. Developing and carrying out Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business;
4. Designing commercial and legal solutions that lead to effective corporate structures;
5. Developing and maintaining various policies, procedures and registers whilst carrying out other corporate secretarial functions;
6. Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
7. Liaising with external lawyers on conduct of court matters
8. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
1. A Second Class Upper Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University;
2. A recently admitted advocate of the High Court of Kenya with good standing;
3. Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school;
4. At least 1-year experience in a busy law firm or company;
5. Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the corporate, commercial investments, real estate and financial markets (including tax), and the respective Laws and regulations;
6. Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
7. Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
8. A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
9. Excellent organisation, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
10. High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure; and
11. High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
Contract drafting and Management; Legal Compliance; Corporate transactional support and administration; Corporate Secretarial tasks and Litigation.