- Mobile: 0709101000
- Street: 20695
- City: Nairobi
- State: Nairobi County
- Country: Kenya
- Zip/Postal Code: 00200
- Listed: December 29, 2017 9:47 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
OPERATIONS ANALYST – HOSPITALITY
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: January 15th, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
With Cytonn Hospitality and Cytonn Residences being our affiliates for investment in the hospitality sector. Our current hospitality developments are focused on our mixed-use developments, which include The Ridge in Ridgeways, Cytonn Towers in Kilimani, and our Cytonn Residences development in Westlands, Nairobi.
To manage its growth strategy in the region, including the offering of a serviced apartments brand called ‘Cytonn Residences’, the firm is inviting applications from talented practitioners in the hospitality industry to join the team as an Operations Analyst – Hospitality in order to establish and run the management company. The successful candidate must be able to implement strategy and be able to work in both a project and team set-up.
Reporting to the Hospitality Associate in charge or Operations, the Operations Analyst – Hospitality has the responsibility for continually and accurately generating research reports, investments analysis and recommendations to the investment management committee for the purpose of decision-making. The individual is responsible for the development and/or execution of systems, processes, and procedures that enable the efficient and effective delivery of results in portfolio companies, in order for the investment to achieve its return. The individual is also responsible, from time to time, to perform other analytical work as may be assigned to by the Head of Private Equity.
1. Overseeing and undertaking research on the hospitality sector in Kenya and the region and identifying the opportunities available for investment by Cytonn Hospitality;
2. Performing investment analysis through financial models on the opportunities available for Cytonn Residences either through development, acquisitions or partnerships and informing stakeholders on their financial feasibility;
3. Keeping detailed knowledge about the Kenyan hospitality sector up to date;
4. Developing financial models for Cytonn Residences and presenting them to investment committee for approval;
5. Monitoring and analyzing hospitality operations, tracking KPIs, conducting top-down industry research and developing suggestions to improving company competitive strategy and operations;
6. Developing and following through on work plans towards the actualisation of investment opportunities for Cytonn Residences that have been approved for implementation by the Board;
7. Performing continuous and timely updates to the stakeholders of Cytonn Residences on the progress on the opportunities available for Cytonn Residences either through development, acquisition or partnerships;
8. Performing continuous research in the hospitality sector and prepare reports to stakeholders to ensure that Cytonn’s investment decision and expansion plans in the sector are data driven;
9. Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division is required; and a minimum of B+ in KCSE;
2. 2 years’ minimum experience in hospitality management and/or operation, with a proven track record;
3. Must demonstrate strong skills in: organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
4. Should demonstrate experience in hospitality financial modelling, planning and analysis;
5. Detail-oriented with strong organizational/administration skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in a professional manner;
6. Should be comfortable to work in a fast-growing and evolving organization that seeks to expand in the hospitality sector;
7. A team player with strong interpersonal skills;
8. Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure i. demanding environment,