OPERATIONS ASSISTANT – HOSPITALITY
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: January 13th, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
With Cytonn Hospitality and Cytonn Residences being our affiliates for investment in the hospitality sector. Our current hospitality developments are focused on our mixed-use developments, which include The Ridge in Ridgeways, Cytonn Towers in Kilimani, and our Cytonn Residences development in Westlands, Nairobi.
To manage its growth strategy in the region, including the offering of a serviced apartments brand called ‘Cytonn Residences’, the firm is inviting applications from talented practitioners in the hospitality industry to join the team as an Operations Assistant – Hospitality in order to establish and run the management company. The successful candidate must be able to implement strategy and be able to work in both a project and team set-up.
Reporting to the Hospitality Analyst, the Operations Assistant – Hospitality will perform research and analysis on various opportunities available for Cytonn Residences and inform the stakeholders of their financial feasibility. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, team player to fill this role. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan
1. Performing investment analysis through financial models on the opportunities available for Cytonn Residences either through development, acquisitions or partnerships and informing stakeholders on their financial feasibility;
2. Keeping detailed knowledge about the Kenyan hospitality sector up to date;
3. Developing financial models for Cytonn Residences and presenting them to investment committee for approval;
4. Developing and following through on work plans towards the actualisation of investment opportunities for Cytonn Residences that have been approved for implementation by the Board;
5. Performing continuous and timely updates to the stakeholders of Cytonn Residences on the progress on the opportunities available for Cytonn Residences either through development, acquisition or partnerships;
6. Performing continuous research in the hospitality sector and prepare reports to stakeholders to ensure that Cytonn’s investment decision and expansion plans in the sector are data driven;
7. Undertaking research on the hospitality sector in Kenya and the region and identifying the opportunities available for investment by Cytonn Hospitality;
8. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division is required; and a minimum of B+ in KCSE;
2. Having worked in an investment management environment with experience in creating financial models related to hospitality is an added advantage;
3. Should demonstrate experience in hospitality financial modelling, planning and analysis;
4. Detail-oriented with strong organizational/administration skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in a professional manner;
5. Should be flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people/systems;
6. A team player with strong interpersonal skills;
7. Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure i. demanding environment,
8. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
9. Strong problem-solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency.