Meet a seller in public place and be sure to pay only after collecting your item.
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE – CYTONN SCHOOLS
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: December 29th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, hospitality, education and technology; Cytonn Education Services is our affiliate for making investments into the education sector.
CES, has the mandate to provide the education services component of our comprehensive master-planned developments such as day care centres for The Alma in Ruaka, Taraji Heights in Ruaka, and The Ridge in Ridgeways. CES also has the mandate to set up comprehensive education institutions for RiverRun Estates in Ruiru and Newtown in Athi River. As part of this mandate, CES is setting up a Secondary School, under the brand name, Cytonn Schools. The school shall provide a comprehensive 8.4.4 curriculum, seeking to offer exemplary secondary education complimented with extracurricular activities. We are therefore looking to acquire and retain the best talent, to enable us achieve this vision.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Business Associate will assist in the implementation of the overall strategy of Cytonn Schools. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, team player to fill this role.
1. Guidance on the research towards identifying the best locations to develop the school and the analysis on the financial viability of developing the Institute on the locations Identified;
2. Develop and follow through on implementation work plans for the development and management of operations for Cytonn Schools that have been approved for implementation by the Board;
3. Perform continuous and timely updates to the Business Manager and other stakeholders of Cytonn Schools on the progress on the development and operations of Cytonn School;
4. Developing and implementing operational processes, procedures and manuals for the Cytonn Schools;
5. Assist in the process of talent acquisition and personnel management; including the development of roles, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff;
6. Perform continuous research in the education sector to ensure that Cytonn’s investment decision and expansion plans in the sector are data driven; and
7. Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
1. A minimum of B+ in KCSE, or equivalent
2. Must have 4+ years in a high-performing professional setting working on demanding analytical projects; ideally having worked in a Junior Management role e.g. (Head of Operations, Growth and Expansion Manager etc.); Having worked in a school setting is an added advantage;
3. A minimum of B+ in KCSE, or equivalent. At least a Second Class Upper Division Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Human Resource Management, or a related field is preferred;
4. Must have relevant experience and passion for education;
5. Must demonstrate strong skills in research and analysis, organizational development, personnel management, and project planning;
6. Should demonstrate experience in financial modelling, planning and analysis related to educational institution;
7. Should be flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people/systems;
8. Should demonstrate ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with team members, public officials, other staff, and the community;
9. Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing;
10. Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
11. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
12. Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work;
13. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the School;
14. Strong problem-solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency;
15. Have basic knowledge of legal and regulatory issues governing educational institutions.