Meet a seller in public place and be sure to pay only after collecting your item.
OPERATIONS BUSINESS ASSOCIATE – HOSPITALITY
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: December 29th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
With Cytonn Hospitality and Cytonn Residences being our affiliates for investment in the hospitality sector. Our current hospitality developments are focused on our mixed-use developments, which include The Ridge in Ridgeways, Cytonn Towers in Kilimani, and our Cytonn Residences development in Westlands, Nairobi.
To manage its growth strategy in the region, including the offering of a serviced apartments brand called ‘Cytonn Residences’, the firm is inviting applications from talented practitioners in the hospitality industry to join the team as a Hospitality Business Associate in order to establish and run the management company. The successful candidate must be able to implement strategy and be able to work in both a project and team set-up.
The position is in charge of executing overall management strategy of Cytonn’s hospitality projects involving development and setup of management structures for the running of a hospitality business and everyday management. The individual shall be working hand in hand with the hospitality project design team in Cytonn Real Estate developments and other hospitality projects being undertaken by Cytonn Private Equity.
1. Every day running of Cytonn serviced apartments business from a management company perspective, where we make acquisitions of serviced apartment developments and other hospitality offerings;
2. Lead the operational requirements and specifications from both the end user and investor perspectives by leading a team in development and implementation of hospitality strategies;
3. Developing operational processes and manuals including adding technical systems for an operational hospitality establishment;
4. Ensuring that the required guidelines are met during project development and commissioning of hospitality projects;
5. Develop guidelines to ensure consistency in the overall hospitality business including service delivery, market and brand positioning;
6. Maintain accurate records including cash flow accounts, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, and reservation cards;
7. Implementation of hospitality brand-franchise policies and operating procedures while meeting or exceeding user expectations by providing quality service;
8. Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division is required; and a minimum of B+ in KCSE, or equivalent registered with relevant professional body;
2. 3 years’ minimum experience in hospitality management and/or operation, with a proven track record;
3. Must demonstrate strong skills in: organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
4. Should demonstrate an understanding in hospitality business models;
5. Have a working knowledge and understanding of the requirements and operation of a 3 to 5-star hotel and serviced apartments;
6. Strong business acumen and knowledge of the MICE industry and global hospitality market and must be able to display a working understanding of the design and interface between the front of house and back of house operations;
7. Detail-oriented with strong organizational/administration skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in a professional manner;
8. Should be comfortable to work in a fast-growing and evolving organization that seeks to expand in the hospitality sector;
9. A team player with strong interpersonal skills;
10. Have direct experience and be able to show a successful history working directly in the Hospitality Market in development and/or operation.