Meet a seller in public place and be sure to pay only after collecting your item.
OPERATIONS BUSINESS MANAGER- CYTONN SCHOOLS
Job Category: General
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: December 29th, 2017
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, hospitality, education and technology; Cytonn Education Services is our affiliate for making investments into the education sector.
CES, has the mandate to provide the education services component of our comprehensive master-planned developments such as day care centres for The Alma in Ruaka, Taraji Heights in Ruaka, and The Ridge in Ridgeways. CES also has the mandate to set up comprehensive education institutions for RiverRun Estates in Ruiru and Newtown in Athi River. As part of this mandate, CES is setting up a Secondary School, under the brand name, Cytonn Schools. The school shall provide a comprehensive 8-4-4 curriculum, seeking to offer exemplary secondary education complimented with extracurricular activities. We are therefore looking to acquire and retain the best talent, to enable us achieve this vision.
1. Overseeing identification and evaluation of sites for development of Cytonn Schools;
2. Overseeing the research and analysis on the financial viability of developing Cytonn Schools on various locations identified through research;
3. Seeking approval from the Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Investments Boards on implementation of the Cytonn School’s strategy;
4. Development and implementation of a business strategy that is geared towards the growth and continuity of the Cytonn Schools Brand;
5. Informing the Cytonn Education Services Board on the progress of development and implementation of the Cytonn Schools’ Strategy;
6. Overseeing and coordinating the development of Cytonn schools in various locations; Identify and follow up on partnership opportunities for Cytonn Schools with other organisations and prospective investors;
7. To be responsible for talent acquisition and personnel management; including the development of roles, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff;
8. To ensure the development and implementation of the Cytonn Schools Brand management structure across all our campuses;
9. Lead the development and implementation of our school curricula in all our Schools;
10. Manage the development and implementation of the Cytonn Schools strategic plan, inclusive of the annual operating plans, with concrete timelines and financial targets, in collaboration with Cytonn Schools’ Principals;
11. Develop and manage an overall strategy and business plan for the institution that will achieve both long-term vision of the school and deliver necessary return to investors.
1. Must have 8+ years of strong operational experience; ideally having worked in a Senior Management role in a school setting, e.g. (General Manager, Business Manager, Principal, Deputy Principal etc.). Experience as a Principal is an added advantage;
2. At least a Second Class Upper Division Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, or a related field is preferred;
3. Must have relevant experience and passion for education;
4. Must demonstrate strong skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
5. Should demonstrate experience in financial planning and analysis related to educational institutions;
6. Should be flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people/systems;
7. Should be flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people/systems;
8. Should demonstrate ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community;
9. Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing;
10. Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
11. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
12. Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work;
13. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the School;
14. Strong problem-solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency;