Meet a seller in public place and be sure to pay only after collecting your item.
RISK AND COMPLIANCE INTERN
Job Category: Cytonn Risk
Job Type: Internship
Closing Date: January 23rd, 2018
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
We are seeking highly motivated, self-directed, team players to participate in an intense 12 weeks training and analyst work in our Risk Management and Compliance Department. The position will afford successful individuals a unique opportunity to participate in the Cytonn Young Leaders Program.
1. Support the risk management process through periodic independent reviews of the risk management practices and procedures.
2. Assist in assessing and measuring all material risks in accordance with Cytonn’s adopted approaches
3. Assist in developing robust key risk indicators to serve as early warning indicators of increased risk
4. Assist in conducting awareness programmes on enterprise risk management;
5. Follow up on agreed risk mitigation recommendations with departments
6. Support departmental risk champions in identification and mitigation of risk
7. Assist in carrying compliance assignments from time to time
8. Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
1. A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum Second Class honours Upper Division
2. A Minimum of B+ in KCSE
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
4. Strong numeracy, analytical, strategy and research skills
5. Ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
6. Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
7. Ready to learn and able to take up challenges as learning points
8. A key interest in investments and market trends
9. Good communication skills