As a business owner, you can capitalize on business opportunities by joining business networks such as the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) that can offer you leverage over your competitors.
KEPSA was founded in 2003 to bring together business community in a single voice to engage and influence public policy for an enabling business environment.
The body represents over 100, 000 business community members in trade, investment and industrial relations. Other than government participation which is very steadfast, benefits of joining the organization include access to a wealth of information and resources, professional growth and prosperity as well as opportunities to reach international investors and markets.
The alliance has been mandated by the Government of Kenya to implement the Kenya Youth Empowerment Project (KYEP) as well as the Component on Private Sector Training and Internships.
Their membership is categorised into Corporate and BMO Membership. The asking rates for the membership categories are as follows-:
Corporate Membership – Category 1 – Ksh. 1,000,000
Corporate Membership – Category 2 – Ksh. 500,000
Corporate Membership – Category 3 – Ksh. 250,000
Corporate Membership – Category 4 – Ksh. 150,000
BMO Membership – Ksh. 100,000
Rules to membership are as follows
1. New Members will be required to pay a one-time joining fee of Ksh.10,000/=
2. Membership runs from January to December of every year.
3. Subscriptions received by 31st January attract a discount of 5%.
4. Normal rates apply from february to december
5. Members who will have not paid up by 31st march (at least a deposit) will miss out on being active members
6. Subscriptions can be prorated for members who join within the year
7. Installment payments are acceptable
You can apply to be a member through their online application form here.