Dial*844#. Accept the Terms and Conditions. You will receive an SMS with your PIN. Dial *844# to access the KCB M-PESA Account Menu and enter the PIN. Change PIN option will be available under my account.
KCB M-PESA is a savings account that enables you to access instant loans up to KSh 1M upon dialing *844#.
- The KCB M-PESA Account features include:
- Minimum saving of Kshs.1 and maximum saving of KSh 1M
- Personal accident insurance benefit based on savings
- Interest on savings of 2% p.a.
You may load your savings easily and conveniently via M-PESA, KCB Mobi, Mtaani agent and/or branch and withdraw your KCB M-PESA account savings only via M-PESA.
You can borrow instantly without saving with disbursement being to KCB M-PESA Account Loan Limits (Kshs.100 to KSh 500,000 with a top up option)
You can choose flexible repayment periods of 1 month, 3 months and 6 months via M-PESA, KCB M-PESA Account and Mobi/Branch/Mtaani with an option of Partial payments.
The interest on the loan include:
- 30 day loan at 6% per month
- 90 day loan at 5% per month
- 180 day loan at 4% per month
The KCB M-PESA Account Fixed Deposit accounts
There are two types of fixed deposit accounts available to you as a KCB M-PESA Account holder. They include
- Fixed Savings Account
- Target Savings Account
Fixed Savings Account
This Account allows you to lock a specific amount of cash for a certain period of time.
How does it work?
- You will not be able to top-up to the amount saved.
- Locked periods include 1, 3, 6, and 12 months with minimum amount of KSh 500.
- Upon early or premature redemption, you will forfeit all interest accrued.
- You get cash back immediately to KCB M-PESA account on prompting cash back
- You also get Life insurance benefit based on fixed deposit savings.
Target Savings Account
This account allows you to set a target and make deposits towards achieving that target.
How does it work?
- You will top up continuously until you achieve your target.
- The account is accessible with standing orders from M-PESA or KCB M-PESA Account
- You can choose from target periods of 1, 3, 6 and 12 months with minimum contribution of KSh 50.
- You will also earn interest on cumulative interest
- You are allowed up to 4 withdrawals within target lock period to maintain interest.
- You will get cash back immediately to your KCB M-PESA account on prompting cash back
Source: How to get a KCB M-PESA account